Smoke coming from engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
I see smoke coming from what I think its the exhaust manifold but not 100% sure that's where it is coming from, also I turn the car off after the smoking and start it 20-30 mins later with no smoke coming out. Not sure on what to do or what it is coming from.

Attachments

• 20170613_194243.jpg
    20170613_194243.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
did you recently add oil and spill some on the exhaust manifold or are the valve cover gaskets leaking?

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
did you recently add oil and spill some on the exhaust manifold or are the valve cover gaskets leaking?

I haven't added any oil recently could be a gaskets, the smoke is on both sides of the engine same spot. The smoke has a slight smell of rubber.

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
id check wirelooms and plug wires considering you recently replaced them.was it smoking before you replaced the plug wires?also you say its on both sides of the engine,where abouts?front middle or rear area?

WBLSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2017
St.Paul, MN
id check wirelooms and plug wires considering you recently replaced them.was it smoking before you replaced the plug wires?also you say its on both sides of the engine,where abouts?front middle or rear area?

I only turned it over before I had changed them since I just had bought the car and it was sitting for the past 11 years. I can pop the wires off the plugs but the smoke looks like its coming from right above the plate above wires. I took a video of it I can post in a few mins.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If the car has been sitting for a long time it just could be stuff burning off the engine and that's what is sounds like since you said after you let it sit and restarted there was no more smoke

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor