Smoke from steering column???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a daily driver 1980 Monte Carlo and once in awhile I think I might be seeing smoke coming from the steering wheel where in bolts to the steering column, anyone have any suggestions whats going on where the smoke could be coming from?Thanks

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
happened to me once when I had the column down and pinched a wire putting it back up. has it been worked on or just out of the blue?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Make sure you keep a jar handy so you can catch the smoke, then shoot it back into the column 😉. The guys are onto it though with the switch wiring.

Reactions: 1 user

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Any smoke, any time is a concern...where there is smoke something is burning! If not dressed/resolved, this matter could result in a burning vehicle, hopefully, not in a garage.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Which ignition switch the key or the one on the column and will it be okay to keep driving the monte carlo?Thanks
The one on the column with the electricity that causes fires when it's angry.

How good is your ability to put out a fire in your lap while on the move? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor