So I have this new noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I recently acquited a new rattle in the body of my El Camino this week. I traced it down to some kind of stiffening plate or panel reinforcement inside the drivers rear quarterpanel. It is at the top of the fender roughly just under and behind the wing window. I can see it and move it around with a long bar through the hole for the vent in the door frame. It looks like it has been glued to the outer fender originally along with whatever welds hold it on at the top.

Is there any way to reattatch this piece the way it was or at least remove it without having to cut my fender open?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yes go to an Autobody supply store and tell them you need flutter foam and a long application nozzle explain to them what it's for and what you are doing you'll come up with something

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I went to the body shop today and they cut me a decent deal on just re-bonding both sides as the passenger side squeaks too. I normally don't farm those kind of projects out, but I am heading to Germany in a few weeks and have no time to mess with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor