So I made one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Because single exhaust head pipes for Pontiac V-8's do not exist. I have had a 1968 Firebird project seemingly forever. The Firebird needs to move around under it's own power but I had straight pipes exiting at the doors. Loud enough to wake the dead. I had a 455 "B" body head pipe but it had the three bolt flanges. I need the two bolt flanges because it is 1968 manifolds. So I scrounged around my garage and found enough to whip up a head pipe and muffler. So six separate pieces I used to make this. Gotta love gas welding, it doesn't care if the steel is all rusty. For now baling wire can hold the muffler up. Cost: some welding gas and a few beers.
IMG_1096.JPG

• Winner
  • Creative
Reactions: 12 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i love the "no expense spared" welding table. :banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I see a problem.

No beer in the mug on said table.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Although I sometimes live dangerously- beer and welding don't mix very well. The ice tea is for welding and the beer is for waiting while it cools to install. And inspect. Etc.

Reactions: 3 users

REGAL8r

Apprentice
May 7, 2017
I have like 3 of these factory y pipe configurations from 78 grand prixs.also have a new edlebrock intake for a 400 if interested pm me.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Good work! What year Camaro? Every time I tried to look up a Pontiac pipe it shows the Chevy engine version (which is available).

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Did the same thing for a salvage yard Y-pipe for an 03 S-10. New pipe was quoted out at over a grand!! The victim only needed one of the joints rewelded where it had suffered some rust and heat cycle damage.

+1 on your welding table; even has a second shelf on which to stash a grinder or tools so you don't have to search on the floor for them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor