Someone please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA's87cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2015
I have a 87 with a 307 y code, the motor has a miss in cylinder 6, all the plugs are brand new and I know the wires are good, I have also done a compression check on 2,4,6,8.... All have good compression, 2 was 100, 4 was 150, 6, was 130, 8 was 120... I'm not sure what to do now.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Have you checked/replaced the HEI cap & rotor? You can also check the wires with a VOM (meter). The compression also appears to be amiss, bring that there is a wide range (150 downto 100)..

EA's87cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2015
Have you checked/replaced the HEI cap & rotor? You can also check the wires with a VOM (meter). The compression also appears to be amiss, bring that there is a wide range (150 downto 100)..
May seem like a stupid question, but how would I go about bring the compression close through the cylinders

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
May seem like a stupid question, but how would I go about bring the compression close through the cylinders

when you do a compression test if it is low put some oil in the cylinder and do the test again. If the compression goes up then the rings are the problem. If the compression remains the same the valve(s) is the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor