Something of a weightly problem that I need to sort out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
When the factory built HEI distributors for small block chevvies, apparently they used a different set of weights for just about everything timer that they built. What I am trying to do here is choose a good set of stock weights and springs for my 1103282 model distributor build. Car Craft did a piece on weight selection and choice of spring but apparently there are more sets of weights with different numbers than they opted to work with, and they are now defunct, an ex magazine that has ceased to be.
My question for this board is this. Does anyone who frequents the site know of anyone who has compiled or who has published a complete list of the weight numbers and their matching center plates? For the curious who might wonder why I just don't go aftermarket, the aftermarket weight sets, to begin with, are made offshore. Secondly, if you physically compare the shapes of the stockers versus aftermarket, the offshore versions are pretty much generic in shape and really don't possess the same combinations of curves and angles as do the stockers.

Any sources or references out there that I can tap into??

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor