Something REALLY DIFFERENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
30 yrs ago I used to autocross these things as coupes. They're called the Opel Kadett C Coupe in Europe. Mine had a 2.4 CIH with 280HP and 680kg dry weight. Pretty fast for that time.
Random internet pic, since I don't have any of mine

Opel-Kadett-GT-E-Kaufberatung-Bild-03.jpg

Those little critters can be made pretty fast-

Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Back in the 80s I worked on one of the Opels. The doors , windshield and entire cowl area were a give away to the family. While doing research on them I learned that they were GMs first world car. There was a VERSION of them sold in every country on the planet. A Chinese company supposedly bought everything and still produced them after 87. In they’re day they served the purpose, with the Isuzu (GM) diesel engine they even beat the VW diesel Rabbit in MPG. My mom bought a new one in 79, my ex had an 81 when we met, then she bought a new 85. Had it for 6 years 120,000 + miles and traded it in. It only needed one timing belt, brakes and tires the whole time she had it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Back when I did the construction on this I found a rust free one at Millerstown Pic a part and literally cut the car in half buying the entire back end for cleaner 1/4s and wheel houses.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1225.JPG

Here's a similar Ford version of your project. I spotted this a couple months back at Cruisin the Coast. This Pinto had a 302, stretched rear fender wells, shaved doors, modified core support. Fuel cell and battery in the trunk.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I sure the days when everything was rear wheel drive. You could in most cases modify almost any vehicle to be cool. A few years ago the Riddler award winner was a small 2 door Rambler wagon around a 1960 with a Ferrari drivetrain .

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I sure the days when everything was rear wheel drive. You could in most cases modify almost any vehicle to be cool. A few years ago the Riddler award winner was a small 2 door Rambler wagon around a 1960 with a Ferrari drivetrain .
I remember that Rambler wagon. That was an awesome piece of machinery.

Reactions: 1 user

DocG G-edi Master

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2017
Wow that is a very cool ride. I,ll bet it,s a bi__h to handle off the line. I had a big block Vega back in the day and it took me off road a couple of times. Nice work.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor