Sound system clarion crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse87ss

n00b
Oct 30, 2018
Whats up guys. Has anyone has had any experience with the clarion mcd360 crossover for your sound systems? Thinking of getting one when i install a sound system in my 87 ss. I want to upgrade all speakers in the stock locations with 2 12 in the trunk and two amps. Let me know if anyone has used a clarion crossover and if its a good crossover

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
An introduction would be nice along with some pictures of your SS. What head unit do you have and what amps are you using?

Jesse87ss

n00b
Oct 30, 2018
An introduction would be nice along with some pictures of your SS. What head unit do you have and what amps are you using?

Well i haven't got anything yet its all stock audio above is what i have in mind to install just asking if anyone as input on the clarion crossover it was suggested by a friend.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I havn't seen anyone mention using an active crossover in here. If you are going to replace the stock speakers with speakers to fit in the stock locations I don't think you'll need an active crossover.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Well, if you are just using the factory speaker locations, I think the Clarion is overkill as are [2] 12" Subs unless you are just a bumper buzzer. Now, components or really good Co-Ax's in the doors or kickpanels along with components or 6x9s on the rear deck filtered below 125Hz, JBL makes a great little 3 1/2 that you have to mount from the bottom up in the dash to get the tweeter to clear but adds surprising amount of fill filtered below 300Hz, and then your sub-box filtered above 300 and that box would make sense [to me anyway].

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor