Source for Quick Ratio Boxes? New/Used

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a 87 IROC box in mine with Jeep shaft. Makes a huge difference but turning radius does suffer

there is an adjustment you can use to shorten the turning radius, when you are making a tight or u-turn quickly press down the pedal under your right foot.....:)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i prefer the iroc boxes my self. all my cars run them. why you ask?

first, they have one of the smallest pitman arm swings of that steering box generation. irocs have a 64 degrees of swing, regular f-body gears are 70 degrees.
by running the smaller swing, i have no or less issues with front tires rubbing the fender or fender liner at max turns.

second, by having all my cars running them, the steering is more consistent for me when i jump from one to another. yes i do loose some turning radius, but i compensate by swinging a little wider and turning a little earlier. you don't notice it once you get used to it.

i buy all mine used, mostly u-pull yard finds, and craigslist. all have worked fine and no leaks. maybe I'm just lucky.

here are a couple of links with more info.
https://www.chevelles.com/techref/shea_3.html
https://www.chevelles.com/techref/pdf/1983-96saginaw800fastratiogears.pdf
https://www.chevelles.com/techref/pdf/1992-98grandcherokeefastratiostrggear01ja2013.pdf

i measure the pitman arm degree swing before purchase by using the angle meter app on my phone. slick set up.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Here's where I got mine

iHioua.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. Might have been the most usable part of the car

Reactions: 2 users

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
Got mine from napa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190313-205447_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190313-205447_Samsung Internet.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
there is an adjustment you can use to shorten the turning radius, when you are making a tight or u-turn quickly press down the pedal under your right foot.....:)
Of course, there is the Jim Rockford one-point U-turn from reverse...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor