Sourcing 98-04 2wd blazer rear caliper brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Putting together a 98-04 2wd blazer rear disk setup for my 8.5 rear and collecting parts.

I have new 2wd backing plates and rotors, calipers off a 4wd and new e brake shoes. Rock auto had everything there.

My problem is sourcing the caliper/ebrake bracket. The cast iron piece that bolts onto the axle housing and bolts to the caliper. I have the 4wd parts that work and can flip them from left to right to get the caliper in the right spot, but the e brake arm sits on the wrong side.

2nd gen F body people, who kinda pioneered the swap, seem to have bought a 2wd right bracket and a 4wd left bracket to make their offset right vs left setup work, and thus there are no 2wd right brackets anymore. I found a few left brackets but I need both to do what I want.

For those who have done the swap, any luck locating parts new? I am in IA so there isn't many 2wd's sold first and 2nd everything has rusted away so used parts in salvage yards aren't much of an option.

Part numbers are
88935975 (left)
88935976 (right)

1552999746206.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor