Space for floor shifter/bench seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Could some members post pics of their automatic floor shifters with a bench seat. I'm having a hard time deciding which aftermarket shifter to go with my 4l80e. I am concerned about size with the available space. My ash tray is a change tray but I still want access to it. placing the shifter too close to the seat and the shifter won't go into low without hitting the seat. I'm leaning towards a Quicksilver, Streetfighter or Promatic style shifters.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Hope youre tall. I had a B&M in the 79 Malibu that I owned and had to convert to buckets. Couldnt reach the gas pedal too well and Im 5'8.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Not a fan of the pedestal shifter. A friend has one in his Regal and while it is "right there" I am looking at more classic or OEM style. The Lokar long handled shifters are ok. Not my 1st choice.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
This is what I'm looking at right now. Lokar, Speedway Muscle car shifter. Anyone have a floor mount shifter using a linkage instead of a cable? Any clearance issues?
1559135743010.png

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Here's an off the wall question. How about I keep my column shifter and add an OD button?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Here's an off the wall question. How about I keep my column shifter and add an OD button?
I don't think you would need a button, my 86' Regal is column shift with factory OD eventually I will install a center console with modified seats.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I don't think you would need a button, my 86' Regal is column shift with factory OD eventually I will install a center console with modified seats.
I would like the option of "sport mode". I live in mountainous curvy road WV and being able to have a 3 speed when needed would be beneficial. Is it doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor