Spark plug help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappnutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys. I have 350 sbc with vortec heads. With my headers I need shorty plugs. The Accel 526s are like $28 a plug here in canada. Any other ideas on what other plugs will work? Trying to fire the motor this weekend finally. Thanks in advance

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Slapp & all; I have some new (old) in the box short AC's that may help ya out. For iron heads! If ya want I'll dig them out, measure them & check the heat range. Ole' Bob.

• Friendly
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

slappnutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2018
I have Flowtech headers. I did some searching. Ended up with NGK TR55GP plugs that fit and clear headers. 👍

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have Flowtech headers. I did some searching. Ended up with NGK TR55GP plugs that fit and clear headers. 👍

those are the same plugs I am using, they are not short plugs so where did you get the information you needed short plugs for your headers?

slappnutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2018
those are the same plugs I am using, they are not short plugs so where did you get the information you needed short plugs for your headers?
I didn’t think I had the clearance just by looking at it. Couple of the plug boots will be close but it should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor