spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
what spark plugs are best for a 71 olds 455 with a hei distributor, I read and article that you should use ac Delco r46sx I'm running Delco r45. its a daily driver, just wonder if I need to change them. will it make a different how perform.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
NGK XR45 or XR5, one step colder.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
what spark plugs are best for a 71 olds 455 with a hei distributor, I read and article that you should use ac Delco r46sx I'm running Delco r45. its a daily driver, just wonder if I need to change them. will it make a different how perform.
NGK XR45 or XR5, one
NGK XR45 or XR5, one step colder.
thanks for info. I may have to go with the NGK XR45. seem like the only place that has the AC Delco R46SX is eBay, and some of those look used are very old don't no if that makes a different. I'm not a big fan of buying parts off eBay

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor