Specialty car insurance for highly modified cars

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I currently have Leland West for my Monte and got my new bill and I am now being under written by AXA ART Insurance so now I am on the hunt to see what is out there for my application.
So things like running nitrous and having roll bars in a street driven car seem to be limiting factors finding someone to insure me.
I also need things like agreed value and buyback options.
And preferably discounts for secure location, classic plates etc. and I accept that limited use and mileage will most likely be part of this.
I know there are quite a few companies for basic "classic cars" but I need one that will insure what realistically is a street legal race car.

O

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
check with hagerty.

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think JC Taylor will do Pro Street. Why even mention the nitrous? That sounds like the deal breaker to me.
For my current insurance I had to send a lot of detailed pictures and even though it blends in well you can see the nitrous plate and solenoids and a second fuel line on my engine

Reactions: Tony1968
Clone TIE Pilot

Clone TIE Pilot

Royal Smart Person
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I think JC Taylor will do Pro Street. Why even mention the nitrous? That sounds like the deal breaker to me.
Omitting infomation like that will void the insurance contract in case an accident does occur. Insurance companies always look for any way to weasel out of payment.

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Sounds like you are in desperate need of a turbo or supercharger.

• Haha
565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Gonzo1970

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 30, 2018
For my current insurance I had to send a lot of detailed pictures and even though it blends in well you can see the nitrous plate and solenoids and a second fuel line on my engine
Photoshop!!! :LOL:

Omitting infomation like that will void the insurance contract in case an accident does occur. Insurance companies always look for any way to weasel out of payment.
Then... the sensible one steps in.... *sigh*

(hes right tho! any reason not to pay, they'll find it)

-Gonz

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor