Specialty car insurance for highly modified cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Right now I’m looking into American Classic Insurance, National Corvette Musuem (who knew?), and Hagerty (once their god awful website starts to work again). I just want a policy that will allow me to drive the car, and has almost no questions asked agreed value, maybe that’s unrealistic.
Please update with the results of your inquiries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Try American Collectors. I told them my car is a resto-mod. All they asked me was how much value ($) I place on the car, and they agreed to it. I took into consideration the bucks I put into to it during the resto and mods. No pictures, no lists of modifications etc. They did ask annual mileage, (less than 1000 a years) and details of how it is garaged/secured. I have Classic Plates which has certain limitations here in TX. They have both my 81 Corvette and 87 SS for over ten years. Only filed a claim for a tow when I broke a lower control arm ball joint two streets down from the house! If you are an ex service member with USAA, they will refer you to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Right now I’m looking into American Classic Insurance, National Corvette Musuem (who knew?), and Hagerty (once their god awful website starts to work again). I just want a policy that will allow me to drive the car, and has almost no questions asked agreed value, maybe that’s unrealistic.
has almost no questions asked agreed value? good luck..you realize they're in the business of making money rite?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
has almost no questions asked agreed value? good luck..you realize they're in the business of making money rite?
I get it, they are out to almost never pay the claim. But my thing is, if I pay for agreed value, I don’t break any of the rules set forth, why should my claim not be paid?

I ended up going with Hagerty. NCM and American collectors were definitely cheaper, but don’t allow the car to be stored outside. So for now, I gotta stick with hagerty. Obviously your price will vary, but for reference I paid around $745 a year for $10,000 agreed value, stored outside in the southeast, with less than 10 years driving experience. I chose a $500 deductible, and to my surprise there is no deductible on glass claims. No major tickets or at fault accidents. My car is modified but does not have Nitrous or a roll cage. I did notice in the contact you are required to notify them if you “install nitrous, hydrualics, or any modification with the intent to produce 700hp or more.” I did not have to provide photos (strangely), and the “application” was approved right away. There is no mileage limit, but they do require that you have another daily driver licensed to you, and that you do not drive your “collector car” daily.

Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
A little off the subject but if there are others like me I have drag racers insurance which covers my car at all times except going down the track.
Both cars, trailer, tools, spare parts, and golf cart are covered to your specified amount. https://dragracersinsurance.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor