Spedo gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycomiko

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 1, 2010
I finally installed the 8.5 rear. Its a 3.73 gear. Which is a huge upgrade from the 2.14 or 2.29 peg leg that was in there. How can I determine which spedo gear to install. I have a th350 and 14 in tires. 225 70 14. Do I need to change the spedo gear and the tail shaft gear and which ones do I need

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
cycomiko said:
I finally installed the 8.5 rear. Its a 3.73 gear. Which is a huge upgrade from the 2.14 or 2.29 peg leg that was in there. How can I determine which spedo gear to install. I have a th350 and 14 in tires. 225 70 14. Do I need to change the spedo gear and the tail shaft gear and which ones do I need

I am in almost the same boat, I went from 2.29 to 3.42 with a TH350 as well. I am in the process of rebuilding my trans and will more than likely change to 15" wheels, but when I looked into it TCI has a calculator on their website that calculates it for you. They also have all the drive and driven gears available, however I think with my combo you could not come up with the exact match so I was going to call them when I got to that point.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
cycomiko said:
You need a 7T drive and 20T driven if you stay with the same height tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor