Speed engineering Ls swap 1 7/8 headers

LsxBuickRegal1982

LsxBuickRegal1982

Apprentice
Nov 9, 2018
I received my headers yesterday from speed engineering and I have to admit they are absolutely nice I can't wait to install with my Ls 408 stroker

Attachments

L

Lowdollarbuild

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
Tell us how they fit when you get them in the car please.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Tell us how they fit when you get them in the car please.
I have the 1-3/4" Speed Engineering on a 5.3 in my Cutlass. I had to dent a tube on each side for clearance, but overall the fit and finish is spot on! You do have to run header specific plug wires though.
20190517_201923.jpg
20190514_230415.jpg

Reactions: Anubis
L

Lowdollarbuild

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
Looks like your LS is mounted as far rearward as possible without cutting the firewall? Were your clearance issues the rear lower A arm mounts? Which tubes were "clearanced"?

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Looks like your LS is mounted as far rearward as possible without cutting the firewall? Were your clearance issues the rear lower A arm mounts? Which tubes were "clearanced"?
On the driver side the #1 tube hit the lower control arm mount.
20190608_102220.jpg

On the passenger side #4 tube hit the frame, but just barely!!
20190608_102236.jpg

L

Lowdollarbuild

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
My LS looks to be mounted at least 1" forward of yours (trans dipstick stock location) looks like they wouldn't fit, what do you think?

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
My LS looks to be mounted at least 1" forward of yours (trans dipstick stock location) looks like they wouldn't fit, what do you think?
You would be fine on the both sides clearing the front crossmember, and actually if my motor was forward the driver side would likely clear fine. The pass side might still hit the frame. Honestly, for the price I didn't mind taking a torch and hammer to them. If they were the pricey Hooker, Hedman, etc I would cry while dinging them.

jlcustomz

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
L

Lowdollarbuild

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2018
N E Georgia
You would be fine on the both sides clearing the front crossmember, and actually if my motor was forward the driver side would likely clear fine. The pass side might still hit the frame. Honestly, for the price I didn't mind taking a torch and hammer to them. If they were the pricey Hooker, Hedman, etc I would cry while dinging them.
What is the P/N of those headers?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LsxBuickRegal1982 G-Body LS Swap 17