Speedo cables 79 elky g body

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill cook

Apprentice
Apr 22, 2016
lookin for cable that goes to transducer on fenderwell (one with the larger nut ) anybody got one ????.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Did an intro ,sorry !, no I haven't looked but found on eBay,thank you !
Did you check my link to Rock Auto? There's a few choices there for cruise control speedo cables.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My car had cruise control in it. I've disconnected years ago. Just couldn't get it operating properly, so I went with a full cable from trans to speedometer.
I swapped out transducers, but that didn't seem to help much.
I would probably consider going with a newer type unit, or aftermarket electronic unit.

bill cook

Apprentice
Apr 22, 2016
My car had cruise control in it. I've disconnected years ago. Just couldn't get it operating properly, so I went with a full cable from trans to speedometer.
I swapped out transducers, but that didn't seem to help much.
I would probably consider going with a newer type unit, or aftermarket electronic unit.
I disconnected the two cables and cleaned the transducer hooked it back up and no speedo?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I disconnected the two cables and cleaned the transducer hooked it back up and no speedo?
Did the speedo work prior to you taking it apart, or are you in the midst of troubleshooting it?
You can test the cables using a cordless (or corded) drill.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor