speedo calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

87regalkid

Apprentice
May 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys, I was thinking of getting a 145mph speedo insert over my 85mph speedo in my Regal. My question is about recalibration, my speedometer is accurate now, or close enough, but I was just wondering what is done to recalibrate a speedometer.

Is it something that can be done with just the gauge cluster because my case is a conversion, or is the whole car needed for recalibration.

Thanks,

Reactions: 1 user

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
If you know this, bear with me. A gear, on the trans end of the speedo cable, is based on the axle gears, and stock height of the tires. A dealer parts guy told me that at 65 mph, A 1 tooth count change is worth @ 3 mph of correction. Add gear teeth to speed "up" the speedo, and vice versa. On our 87 Elco/200r4 that turned out well. I'd put it in and go from there. The kit itself should be somewhat correct. Good luck. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor