Speedometer cable 700r swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
I’ve swapped to 700r from my 350 in a 85 El Camino. The trans came out of a 92 Camaro that had the electronic hook up. I bought the necessary stuff to convert it to mechanical, but I just found out the cable has a smaller end(.104 I believe) than the gear (.150).

Any suggestions for another cable or adapter?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I’ve swapped to 700r from my 350 in a 85 El Camino. The trans came out of a 92 Camaro that had the electronic hook up. I bought the necessary stuff to convert it to mechanical, but I just found out the cable has a smaller end(.104 I believe) than the gear (.150).

Any suggestions for another cable or adapter?
Look for an earlier tailhousing & swap them. You'll most likely will have to replace set a set of gears to match the tire/gear ratio combo so the tailhousing will have to come off.

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
Look for an earlier tailhousing & swap them. You'll most likely will have to replace set a set of gears to match the tire/gear ratio combo so the tailhousing will have to come off.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor