Speedometer Cable Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Guys, this should be an easy one.
My wagon had a two piece cable. I thought it would be a good idea to put in the upper piece while I was putting the dash back in. Unfortunately I think the original cable got tossed during one of the many clean ups Ive done over the past two years.
I looked online and theres multiple length cables with at least two different ends. The end by the speedometer on my wagon slides on and clips in place. If I run out to the yard tomorrow I think I can find the upper on one of the three Cutlasses that are there.
Will the TH350 have the same threads as the transmissions in the Cutlass ? Will the lower be hard to find at a later date or should I just buy the solid cable now ? And if yes, which length ?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
No good on a cable from the junk yard. Next stop is the auto parts. Can anyone give me a length or part number ??? Clips on at the cluster, no cruise, TH350.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
They all clip at the speedo head. Things to think about is if it has cruise control. I wouldn't think a new one would be a huge deal

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
They all clip at the speedo head. Things to think about is if it has cruise control. I wouldn't think a new one would be a huge deal

Sad to say but they made multiple cables for G bodies. It doesnt have cruise control. I called Mikes Montes today and Mike stopped selling cables due to the many different ones that were made. He said he has 3 1985 Montes and each one has a different cable.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
100 inch is what's in the car still...seems to be fine. There's a fair amount under the floor, but it's above the crossmember and hasn't been an issue. The advantage is that with the long cable, the bend into the cabin is a lot less stressed, and you can actually pull the cluster out far enough to release the clip easily, if the need arises

Not so much a loop as a large sweeping arc under the floorpan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor