OLDS Speedometer cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You don't get those any longer in two or three piece with MW9. Sorry. Unless you can find one off an original car.

They have one p/n listing for the MW9 now, a single cable. Well, ever since 1987 anyway.

ACDelco p/n CC1120 or 25033563

Superseded to CC1066 or 25033391 and then to 88959481 ($25 at rockauto.com).

Reactions: 1 users

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
You don't get those any longer in two or three piece with MW9. Sorry. Unless you can find one off an original car.

They have one p/n listing for the MW9 now, a single cable. Well, ever since 1987 anyway.

ACDelco p/n CC1120 or 25033563

Superseded to CC1066 or 25033391 and then to 88959481 ($25 at rockauto.com).
Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like we can always count on you for the answer to our questions. Bill WV

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like we can always count on you for the answer to our questions. Bill WV
Doing some more research on this topic.
Chasing down some leads on more information as to what came on the cars and what is available.

Can you access the vehicle? Can you look under the car on the driver side and see if you have what they call a gear adapter cable? It's a piece of cable approximately 11" long that comes out of the transmission and connects to the rest of the cable.

Maybe looks a little bit like this....

85 Olds 442 Transmission Speedo Cable Extension.jpg

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
Doing some more research on this topic.
Chasing down some leads on more information as to what came on the cars and what is available.

Can you access the vehicle? Can you look under the car on the driver side and see if you have what they call a gear adapter cable? It's a piece of cable approximately 11" long that comes out of the transmission and connects to the rest of the cable.

Maybe looks a little bit like this....

View attachment 138357
Thanks for another reply. That looks almost exactly what I have. The cable coming from the transmission measures about fourteen inches long.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I'm not sure why, but the shorter cable has a connection on it where I think, but am not sure, a gear ratio adapter could be plugged in. Basically you separate the union and install a gear ratio adapter in there. The odd thing is, H/O and 442 did have this gear adapter cable from what I've seen, yet no actual adapter was used. I'm trying to find the cables I do have I bought many moons ago. I seem to recall getting a 2 piece cable and the extension piece, but I need to find the box. It could be my mind playing tricks on me but I'm thinking the cable set up I have is the cable set up that works. From the parts books, GM changed their cables like changing underwear.

Now that I'm recalling the CC1102 cable that was a replacement cable, I believe, but again not sure, it was a 2 piece cable about 95" long. It was made as one longer piece at the transmission not needing the adapter cable extension. Service replacements weren't always exactly the same as factory installed equipment. Again, I'll have to find one and check.

Reactions: 1 user

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for another reply. That looks almost exactly what I have. The cable coming from the transmission measures about fourteen inches long.
I replaced mine two years ago with a longer cable. The original cables looked just like the ones in the picture just two. The cable started fraying at the trans. Only time I had seen a ratio adapter box was on a B body but it was from Canada.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welp, here's some information I gathered when I found the cable setup I had stashed away for my 85. 25033405, or CC1067, is the main cable that comes in 2 parts. According to the parts book, it fits G-body MW9 86-87 "with gear adapter".

The gear adapter is CC919, or 25033556 and says fits 82-87 G-body. It measured around 11" and the CC1067 measured around 84". Total of 95". Which is 2 inches shorter than the CC1120 2-piece cable.

The longer cable has "KL" stamped on either side of one section of the cable. Which is odd if it's the code for it, because the 87 brake master cylinders are labeled "KL" except for the 85 which has a "DK" code on it for whatever reason. Yet my gray 85 442 build sheet showed "KL" as the master cylinder. And for the speedo cable, it was coded PV with **. YEESH!!

I stuck the two cables together and this is what I got.

NOS 85 442 speedometer cable set up.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor