Speedometer, Tach and dashboard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Hello - There was a weird noise in my dash, like un-greased bearings just grinding, and my speedo went wonky then just fell to 0 while I was still driving. At the moment I'm using a GPS app on my phone to track my speed. My main question is does this sound like the speedo itself is broken or does it sound like a speedo cable issue. I'm guessing the former giving the grinding I was hearing. I'm hoping this is not to hard to replace.

If I have to take the dash apart, can I install a Tach in the unused space on the right? Can I assume there is a cable/wire alreadying running to this spot or do I need to run one?

Once I get the dash apart I guess its time to upgrade the lighting to LEDs. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image0-3.jpeg
    image0-3.jpeg
    940.2 KB · Views: 115

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Speedo cable and/or drive unit in trans. Speedo head should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor