Speedway Front Tubular Control Arm Kit

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Got a link?

Is it adjustable or solid? A lot of those speedway focused tubular control arm stuff is more so when you bend a control arm in heat 1 at the dirt race friday night (after all, rubbing is racing) you can swap the arm out saturday AM and make heat 2 saturday PM. It's more of a 'have it on the shelf as a spare' than any real improvement.

IMO there isn't much purpose going tubular non-adjustable dirt replacement part. The stock stuff is plenty strong and the cost for new ball joints, a can of paint and bushings is much less to make your old arms like new than buy aftermarket stuff. The improvement to go with an aftermarket tubular arm is improved geometry for handling, light weight for drag (but I wouldn't want to run them on a 10k+mile street car) or just for looks.

Not that anything is wrong getting them, just important to know what you are getting.

Reactions: 1 users

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago

Reactions: 1 user

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Now that is for the uppers only, at one time there was a kit available that had the uppers and lowers together.

And I guess the kit isn't available any longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230306_114257_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230306_114257_Samsung Internet.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 120

Static

n00b
Mar 7, 2023
I purchased the upper and lower control arm kit along with Speedways 2" lowering spindle in January of this year. Unfortunately they just recalled the lower arms due to some sort of weld issue at the end of February. Nice pieces IMO. I think theyre almost a direct copy of the BMR arms at a fraction of the price.

Reactions: 2 users

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
I purchased the upper and lower control arm kit along with Speedways 2" lowering spindle in January of this year. Unfortunately they just recalled the lower arms due to some sort of weld issue at the end of February. Nice pieces IMO. I think theyre almost a direct copy of the BMR arms at a fraction of the price.
Yes I feel the same way about them looking like the BMR arms. I've had them on for about a month now. I did swap the upper ball joints to greaseable tall ball joints.

Static

n00b
Mar 7, 2023
Yes I feel the same way about them looking like the BMR arms. I've had them on for about a month now. I did swap the upper ball joints to greaseable tall ball joints.
I did that as well. Did you get the recall notice?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
A big problem with the stock upper A arms is the angle of the upper balljoint mounting pad is not conductive for tall balljoints, its angled for stock balljoints. Some of the aftermarket arms have corrected mounting pad angles for tall upper balljoints. There are also upper balljoint wedge shims to allow the use of tall balljoints on stock upper control arms. Though I don't know how much the wedge shims would affect clearence between the stock upper control nose to the wheel rim.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
For my 87 Elky, I purchased a Touring package from Savitske Custom and Classics (SC&C). Unfortunately, he has gone out of business. His kit included parts from various vendors and the front upper and lower control A-arms were from SPC Performance. The upper arms are #92546 ($342 each) and lower arms are #95336 ($1872 each); both are available on their site--www.spcperformance.com. As you can see, the upper control arms are fully adjustable and this capability has a huge impact on the handing. The SC&C kit included ball joints with a taller one for the upper arm as well as coil springs. I don't have the part numbers for the front coil springs.

Although these parts have been installed on my 87 for a year or two, it has not been road tested. I was only able to have the vehicle aligned last month and have other issues to address before I can appreciate any handling improvements.

Hope this helps you decide what to purchase and install on your Regal.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor