CUTLASS Spindle ball joint hole ?

RICKDIZZLE

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Im looking to see if anyone can possibly tell me how big the stock hole is in the top of the g body spindle where the upper ball joint bolts in? Looking to see what the largest size bolt is that will fit in that hole. Hoping someone has one off a car they can check vs having to separate mine. Thank you!

RICKDIZZLE

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Thank you! I was trying to figure that out before I ruined things...lol!

UNGN

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
what are you planning to do?....:unsure:
You probably don't want to know.

I was at the junkyard a while back and there was an A body with bolt on spindle extenders to raise the vehicle. The LCA frame mounts had bolt/weld brackets to lower the LCA mounting point to keep everything kind of parallel.

30" wheels don't install themseves.

Reactions: melloelky
RICKDIZZLE

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
what are you planning to do?....:unsure:
Sorry for the delay, been slammed at work. I was looking into ball joint extensions for higher front lock up with hydraulics. After doing some research, seeing that the only thing holding it all together from the spindle to the a-arm is a single grade 8 bolt and knowing the forces our hydraulics exert I am not even gonna mess with these....it gives you much more travel, but even though my car sees shows and only light cruising, not worth the risk to my ride or my family.....pics attached of a car (not mine) but sharing for insight.
1986-Buick-Regal-Hopping-Spring.jpg
1986-Buick-Regal-Passenger-Side-Front-View.jpg

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sorry for the delay, been slammed at work. I was looking into ball joint extensions for higher front lock up with hydraulics. After doing some research, seeing that the only thing holding it all together from the spindle to the a-arm is a single grade 8 bolt and knowing the forces our hydraulics exert I am not even gonna mess with these....it gives you much more travel, but even though my car sees shows and only light cruising, not worth the risk to my ride or my family.....pics attached of a car (not mine) but sharing for insight.View attachment 94645View attachment 94646
I'm sorry I asked

Reactions: RICKDIZZLE

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor