CUTLASS Spindle ball joint hole ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Im looking to see if anyone can possibly tell me how big the stock hole is in the top of the g body spindle where the upper ball joint bolts in? Looking to see what the largest size bolt is that will fit in that hole. Hoping someone has one off a car they can check vs having to separate mine. Thank you!

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
a 1/2" bolt is about the largest that will fit in the hole. 14mm might work with a tiny chanfer of the hole bottom.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
what are you planning to do?....:unsure:

You probably don't want to know.

I was at the junkyard a while back and there was an A body with bolt on spindle extenders to raise the vehicle. The LCA frame mounts had bolt/weld brackets to lower the LCA mounting point to keep everything kind of parallel.

30" wheels don't install themseves.

Reactions: 1 user

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
what are you planning to do?....:unsure:
Sorry for the delay, been slammed at work. I was looking into ball joint extensions for higher front lock up with hydraulics. After doing some research, seeing that the only thing holding it all together from the spindle to the a-arm is a single grade 8 bolt and knowing the forces our hydraulics exert I am not even gonna mess with these....it gives you much more travel, but even though my car sees shows and only light cruising, not worth the risk to my ride or my family.....pics attached of a car (not mine) but sharing for insight.
1986-Buick-Regal-Hopping-Spring.jpg
1986-Buick-Regal-Passenger-Side-Front-View.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sorry for the delay, been slammed at work. I was looking into ball joint extensions for higher front lock up with hydraulics. After doing some research, seeing that the only thing holding it all together from the spindle to the a-arm is a single grade 8 bolt and knowing the forces our hydraulics exert I am not even gonna mess with these....it gives you much more travel, but even though my car sees shows and only light cruising, not worth the risk to my ride or my family.....pics attached of a car (not mine) but sharing for insight. View attachment 94645 View attachment 94646

I'm sorry I asked

Reactions: 1 user

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I'm sorry I asked
Lolz! All good. That's why I love this forum. So much info, so many different ideas and styles and so much knowledge...even though most of you dislike lowriding G Bodies...you still help. Always respected and appreciated!

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
As much as I don't care for low riders, I'd rather see one saved and used for that then crushed.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor