Spohn Anti-roll bar before & after track pics & installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkman1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
Last fall I installed a Spohn rear anti-roll bar in my 1979 Cutlass Salon because it was twisting badly off the line. I have a spool in the car but there was about 5 times the rubber on my LR fender as the RR. I chose the Spohn bar primarilly because it looked like it would work with my 3" tailpipes (it did) and it was also on sale. It also appeared to be more streetable than the rigid tube type that mounts above the rear axle. I am pleased to report that it cured the problem as evidenced in the photos below. The bar is a bolt-in unit and is a top notch product.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Re: Spohn Anti-roll bar before & after pics

Thats good to hear, I was having the same problem and I just bought the BMR which is very similar and I was hoping it would clear my over axle and tail pipes. I guess everyone running the over the tube drag bar has dumps. Do you have any pics of the bar installed?

yorkman1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
Re: Spohn Anti-roll bar installed pics

Here are pictures of the Spohn anti-roll bar installed in my 79 Cutlass Salon. You must know the axle tube diameter and type of rear end when you order the bar. The G body 8.5" rear requires spacer plates (see pics) to clear the lower cornrs of the center section. I still have air bags in the springs, but they are not needed now. The tail pipes are 3" diameter SS from Pypes.

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok

Could you post some more photos of that salon I have always liked those
thanks

yorkman1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
Re: more Salon pictures

Here are a few more pictures of my 79 Cutlass Salon. 4.4" stroke 455, ported Ebrocks, solid roller cam, 4.10, 2" headers into 3' Pypes system with tailpipes.

yorkman1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2009
Re: Spohn Anti-roll bar before & after track pics & installa

I installed the thicker drag race anti-roll bar.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

adam6640 said:
I have always liked those
thanks

I've always liked these and the Centuries because they're different. I'd like to get a hold of a 442 Salon or Century Turbo coupe one of these days. They didn't sell too well at the time and they're getting hard to find in decent shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor