motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
I had an issue with their finish and rust. I had my car in at mechamics and nothing under my car rusted but their stuff. They did take all the parts back and redo the finish. My upper and lower control arms in front, my rear upper and lower control arms and both front and back sway bars. I am happy with the way they work.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
They did take all the parts back and redo the finish... I am happy with the way they work.
Glad to hear you can report the good with the bad...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
if you're gonna spend your money on control arms,pick a company that incorporates some math into them.that way you're actually gaining something,the spohn one's are mere tubular copies of the stock ones.if you go with spohn invest in some taller ball joints they'll work in your favor.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I have Spohn "Tall Spindle" uppers to accommodate my taller ball joints. They're shorter than stock. You don't need them but it cuts way down on shims. They've been treating me well.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
those particular arms you have are designed for running a larger rotor and spindle combo from a larger car like a caprice on our mid sized chassis. running taller BJ's on these cars is not the same thing as the swap you did.i just don't want the og poster to think they're in for a whole lot of work.
I have Spohn "Tall Spindle" uppers to accommodate my taller ball joints. They're shorter than stock. You don't need them but it cuts way down on shims. They've been treating me well.

Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
those particular arms you have are designed for running a larger rotor and spindle combo from a larger car like a caprice on our mid sized chassis. running taller BJ's on these cars is not the same thing as the swap you did.i just don't want the og poster to think they're in for a whole lot of work.
It sort of is the same in the sense that you’re adding height to the spindle and ball joints (as a whole) in order to get the upper a-arm pointed away from the ground. IIRC, Blazer spindles (which I used; not B-body spindles) are about the same height as G-body spindles. I used tall ball joints on them. But even on the G-body drop spindles I used previously, with even just the upper tall ball joints you still have to add more shims to get the camber back where it was.

Not saying it’s a big deal; it’s just an alignment, but tall spindles or tall ball joints are doing the same movement to the upper A-arm. The Spohn “tall spindle” uppers are just a tad stubbier than stock.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I also have the Spohn front upper and lower arms. Running 1/2" taller upper and lower ball joints, AFCO springs and adjustable spring cups. I slapped i on my alignment rack in work and with 1to 3 thin shims front and back, I have +5.5d of caster, I can get more if I want. The fit and finish is great. I used the poly bushings, greased with clear synthetic.

Not sure if these are mere "copies" of stock (i have no proof either way), but I don't see it considering I had stockers with tall ball joints and with stock ball joints, and couldn't get close to that alignment, even with the MOOG offset cross shaft and a ton of shims.

No, I haven't auto-x or road raced the car yet, so take my experiences with a with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor