Spoiler ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
This is Tony Sherrys husband.

Her Grand Am needs spoiler help. Asking for some pics if you have them.

Silver on the bottom is just foil so she could get an idea of what i was thinking. 80s gm scheme. She wants a gray instead.

LS swap. Going with a GTO as the donor. 1 inch difference in wheelbase. Thinking ex sys and driveshaft. The gto oil pan deminsions are real close to the CTSv pan. Want to keep factory manifolds. Will need Blackheart eng/trans mounts just in case none if it fits. Want the ls2 but ls1 will do. Automatic. Holley sniper termX to control all of it. GTO rad etc should fit with persuasion. Trying to keep costs down but will off the shelf the fuel system. Ac will be gto factory compressor condenser with vintage air evap under dash.

The 301 has 106k. It runs well. Trans is soild. Once i secure a gto donor ill be looking for a pontiac in need to donate to. Will be a while but post up if youre close to houston.

Once i source the gto ill start a swap thread.

Shes excited.

TIA

View attachment 204622
Subscribed. Cool project. Will be a fun project. Everything you are planning can be and has been done (low mount stock LS A/C, etc.). Let us know how we can help. Good luck with the hunt for the GTO. The engine side motor mounts from the 301 are rare and are what is needed to put a Pontiac 400 in these cars. There is a fellow on here looking for a pair right now. Don't scrap them, for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I do know of a 69-68’ Pontiac Lemans with a 350( pretty sure) motor and transmission still in the car for sale here in NH. Would have to double check if still in it. Sitting in Wilton NH salvage yard.

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
20190623_133240 (2).jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I know it's not a Grand Am (it's my 1983 Grand Prix), but it might give you an idea... Nice project! Good luck!

GP Spoiler.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

smed7880

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for the spoiler suggestions and pix all. So far that MD80 spoiler looks like a contender.

The GTO I had my eye on went at auction for more than i was willing to pay. It was a 27000 mile 04 with the front suspension knocked out from under it. Rattling top end and very little on the dipstick. It ended up selling for 4300. I just wasnt willing to pay that for a rattler.

Ill wait on an 05 or 06 so I can get the LS2.

Didnt know the 301 mounts are rare. As common as that power plant was I thought they'd be common.

In my Torino world everything is made of obsoletium. The thing I really like about working on her Pontiac is most everything is readily available except for the Grand Am bits. Im looking forward to doing the LS swap. The biggest hurdle will be finding a cheap rear ended low mile automatic 05/06 GTO

-Tony

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor