Spring change with engine swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I have an 83 El Camino with a 350 installed that originally came with a 3.8. I have noticed that the suspension in the front seems to be slightly saggy. It is more noticable on the passenger side than the drivers side, but both tires seem farther up in the wheel well than they should be.

Is it just that the front springs are worn out or that the V6 springs aren't taking the weight of the 350 very well? Does anybody else swap these springs when they do a V8 upgrade? The rest of the front suspension is in like new condition but the invisible fat guy on my passenger fender makes the stance of the car look like crap.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Just worn springs. I've swapped quite a few v6 g bodies to v8 on stock springs with out issue

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
The V6 and V8 springs are different. Not sure why one side is worse than the other. This takes some study, but its great info....
http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

Now that is a handy page. I was actually thinking of going to a slightly different spring to gain a little ground clearance. Around here the potholes are so bad that they will rip the wheel clean off of an unsuspecting car if they are driving like a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor