Springs/Shocks Advice for a regal with a 350 sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJNJ201

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2021
Looking to replace the springs all around. I also need to replace the front shocks. Was wondering what you guys would recommend or what some of you guys are running. I was thinking of going with MOOG springs all around but not sure which model number. Its sagging a bit in the front.

Currently i have new monroe air shocks in the back. ( still not sure how i feel about them) 84 Regal WITH AC and a 350 sbc. Thanks!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Moog are good quality parts. Here's the problem. You're most likely not going to be happy with the ride height of the car after new springs. It's going to sit much higher than it does now. Really depends on what you want for ride height. Need to figure that out first before we can recommend which springs to you. A 2" lowering spring will keep your ride height ABOUT the same, possibly a tick higher if those are your original springs.

Reactions: 2 users

PJNJ201

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2021
Moog are good quality parts. Here's the problem. You're most likely not going to be happy with the ride height of the car after new springs. It's going to sit much higher than it does now. Really depends on what you want for ride height. Need to figure that out first before we can recommend which springs to you. A 2" lowering spring will keep your ride height ABOUT the same, possibly a tick higher if those are your original springs.
Yeah i totally understand. I would like the ride height to be basically stock, nothing low nothing too high. Its sagging hard in the front and i know the front springs are shot. What about springs for a monte ss with the 305?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Those would be fine. What is your current height as measured from the centerline of the wheel to the edge of the fender lip? Probably around 25"?

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
5608 is the Moog stock replacement for the front a monte ss. They are a 420 pound spring rate which is what the F41 suspension spec'd. A 5660 or a 5662 would give you a near stock ride height with more spring rate 639 or 707 lbs respectively. 5379 is the F41 spec Moog spring for the rear, there are also various cargo coils listed for g bodys. As for shocks I myself recommend KYB gas adjusts front and rear. They have a firmer ride than cheap shocks and cost half of what Bilstiens do with a similar ride quality.

Last edited:
  • Agree

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Stiffer springs will cause more frame flex. Especially with Regals which have the fewest factory bracing among G bodies. At a minimum you want to at least install the missing lower body mount bushings which is a Regal specific problem. Also a good idea to install some frame bracing like F41 bars up front and DIY Jeff bar for the rear.

PJNJ201

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2021
Hey guys. Im sorry i didnt get back to some of you guys, a few things happened and i havent had a chance to get on here. But as of today, i finished the suspension on the car. I am absolutely amazed and satisfied with the results. Here is what went into the car:

All new ball joints
Front Springs ( Moog 5610 )
Front KYB Shocks
Rear Springs ( Moog 5379 )
Rear Monroe Shocks
Kirban Front Frame Braces
Kirban Underhood Braces
Kirban Rear Seat Braces

Night and day compared to before without these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor