Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Looking good my man! Did that first flex plate come off that crank? I ask because it looks to be weighed. I was told by my dad many moons ago that a 454 is externally balanced and a 396 is internationally balanced. If that is the case you have to keep the flex plate with the crank it came with, or have it ba

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
The first flexplate came from the 454 out of the camper but the center hole was only like 2" the one I put on came from my shed so I think it's the one from my old dump truck that this crank and block are from. At least I hope it is I'll know as soon as I start it that's for shore. I've felt the vibration from that mistake twice before. When I was young my brother put a SB 400 in his Z/28 with the flywheel from the 302 and another time I used a flywheel for a Ford 427 side oiler on the 390 in a wrecker lol I didn't know they looked the same to me. I'm almost positive I got the right one this time because it was the only one I had here at the house.

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm home from work and I'm dog tired but I've got to go sweep the driveway so I can crawl under the truck and adjust the rear brakes again. Then I get to cut the lawn before I go pick up Lauren before I can stop today. Some day I'll get to chill without just passing out.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Adjusting my brakes the other day turned into me in the dark with an axel out of the truck in the dark. I couldn't get the right side auster to turn and it seemed loose in between the shoes. So with that off came bolth right rear tires
and out came the axle. Once I had the drum off my problem got worse. Apparently that drum has been cut before probably a few times because it's so thin when I crank the adjustment all the way out I still have no drag the drum is also badly grooved up and was full of shavings witch in turn chewed up the new inner seal so there's gear oil in there to. For a temporary fix I cleaned out the mess spun out the adjustment and slapped it back together. On the way back together the tabs on the nut retainer broke off. I put it back together anyway because I didn't have another one and it's my daily. Yes I know what can and or may happen trust me Ben there done that I'm watching the back wheel like a hawk while I'm driving. Needless to say I didn't get to the lawn. Last night I went to Eric's shop and Jack was there with my heads. Tim went above and beyond what I wanted. Way past! They got tanked disassembled glass beaded 2 new guides cut all the seats and valves 3 angle surfaced painted with cast blast and reassembled with new seals. Sorry no pictures my phone died last night. So anyway we were going to swap out the valve springs with a brand new set Eric had well that's when things went bad there his springs don't fit my pockets the springs I need are comp cams 911-16 and I'm pretty broke right now so.... I don't know what I'm going to do. Tonight I was going to weedwack the front yard when I got home then work on my valve covers but the leaf police left me a summons in the mail box because the weeds in the flower bed were overgrown out front. Yes code enforcement has nothing better to do but bust my balls about the weeds in my flower bed I sh*t you not! So instead of doing what I wanted to do I did all the yard work out front and I made all the flower beds dirt! With my weed whacker take that leaf police no more landscaping! So Monday night I ordered a bunch of parts 2 oil filters 1 for brake in and one for running plugs and wires for the 454 a high beam switch because I keep loosing my lights and I can't remember what else at the moment then Tuesday I ordered more stuff for safety sake like the nut retainer I have a pack of 10 coming $0.40 each I ned to get new drums shose and some studs and lug nuts but I can't swing it at the moment because I'm trying to finish the motor. If anyone has a set of BBC valve springs they would like to donate don't ask just send them lol well it was nice to sit still a minute but I've got to go pick up Lauren at marching band practice. Wish I had time to shower first.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Man, I can't wait to see this thing repowered and sorted...so you can load up all your stuff and GTFO Jersey.

How is Lexi doing?

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Man, I can't wait to see this thing repowered and sorted...so you can load up all your stuff and GTFO Jersey.

How is Lexi doing?
Me and you bolth! Unfortunately leaving isn't in the cards at the moment. Lexie is probably the A #1 most stressful thing in Janet and I's lives at the moment since she's been back she's been back home she's put herself on the fast track to her mother having a nervous breakdown or killing her. Her mental health is horrible she refuses to take her meds won't do anything she's supposed to do she got caught cutting school twice and ran away twice since she's been back. It paints an ugly picture I know but that's the reality we have to deal with. I have a feeling she's going to end up Bach in another institution soon even her counselor and case worker don't know what to do with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Man, that's rough. We're all pulling for you guys.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor