Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just keep doing Cutlass stuff and I'll let it slide...for awhile.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I think it sacrificed its attention/progress to the duramax for now...
Well the Duramax is out of my hands at the moment it's still at the diesel shop in pieces. I've been spending all my free time on the 78 cutlass but it should be up and running next weekend then I won't need to drive the shop truck anymore. The square body is at home so it's not bothering anyone the 78 cutlass is at work and keeping it there I need to show progress or it will need to leave. It's close to being a driver again so I've been hot on it while I have time. When I get the Duramax back I've got blasting to go do so I'm taking advantage of the time. I'm also trying to get things sorted out for the 87 cutlass so I'm doing quite a bit of organizing all my parts. I probably won't get back on this one for a few months. Right now it's all about the 78 cutlass once it's up and running it will be 78 cutlass at work after work during the week and 87 weekends until I can go make money blasting weekends. This isn't getting anything right away because I need to buy a bunch of parts and materials for the next step.

Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
With my daily rotting in the diesel shop I've been spending a lot of time on the 78 cutlass not to mention all the work I've been doing for other people this truck is sitting in the driveway slipping away. That said it came up in conversation yesterday at the building. Eric was asking me if I knew of a company that makes the front spring hangers it needs. Mainly because I'm turning away blasting work because I can't tow the rig. So I went home and threw a charger on the batteries, built a fire to cook up some meat for dinner and got to looking online after we ate. I found a company that makes a kit but it's an off road kit and I really only need stock replacement parts in this case. Then I hit the auction site. I found a used set with new bushings the only set on there for $45.00 buy it now. Done! There on there way. I told the wife I'd stay home today and cook, do some things around the yard. Well the truck is technically in the yard. I do need to cook and fix some fencing out there but I'm also planning on removing the plow and finding out why it's stuck in four wheel drive. I think I'm going to clean it out and give it a bath while I'm at it. Hopefully it hasn't developed any new problems. The next one of my motors I dig into will probably be my 454 that the cam went away in in this truck because the noise in the borrowed 454 is getting louder lol so that's it today it's time to evict the mice.

Reactions: 10 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well so far I went out and cranked it until it had oil pressure. Then I dumped a little 93 that was left in the can from the cutlass down it's throat, filling the fuel bole threw the vent of course. She popped right off and rattled to life again. I let it run a minute then dropped it in drive and pulled out of the driveway onto the dirt road next to my house and in that short trip the Gage said it was getting hot. Naturally I shut it right down and took a look under the hood. All the hoses are cool to the touch WTF? It had some pressure in it but I took the cap off anyway. No coolant in the system! So I let it cool down before I pulled it around back and plowed down the weeds where I wanted to put the plow, shut it down and dropped the plow. Now it's out back cooling down and I've got a fire going to burn up some dogs. I'll do a little more after I've eaten it's very humid and hot out there today so I'm going easy.
Btw 4X4 shifter still won't move

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
She starts every time now like I never parked it. I filled the rad. It took a little over a gallon. I think it holds 4. Big block big rad don't see any leaks but time will tell. It's in the yard now so I can start cleaning it out during the week.
24174.jpeg

I've moved on to important things like trying a new rub!
24172.jpeg
24173.jpeg

Until next time that's it I should be back at it soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor