Squawk or Creak From Windshield or Dash or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
86 SS, 80K miles, no accidents
Just got this super nice Monte. When going over certain bumps or grooves at low speed(so far) it sounds like a windshield creak. The sound does not appear to come from a specific direction just generally from the front. I have not had a chance to diagnose. Can this be that a windshield moves in it's frame or it it a nearby part(dash, windshield trim or cowl)?. Doesn't happen all the time - guess I need to drive and feel the windshield or dash for something wierd.
Included is a pic of the chassis - it's this good all over!
P1100340.JPG

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
pop the hood and put a little grease on the center support for the hood....

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Will do...thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Will do...thanks

I chased that same issue for weeks before I posted the question and got that solution from one of the members here.....oh and I forgot to add, close the hood after your put the grease on the support....:p

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I thought they all did this straight from the factory. When I hear it, I know what I'm driving lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor