SS Monte and Non

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So an astroroof/moonroof was not available on Monte's ?

Available on Regals, Grand Prix and Cutlass for some reason and not on a Monte.
Mine came with an ASC power sunroof but the dealer had to send the car to ASC to have it installed since the original owner wanted one.
When I first got my car I thought it was a factory power sunroof and pretty much anyone that sees it thinks it is factory.
I believe the only difference is the non factory one has a trim ring installed around the hole.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMG_1596.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG

Here are a couple pictures of the ASC power sunroof that the dealer sent out to get installed in my Monte.
Back in the 80's there where a lot of conversion shops doing vinyl tops, sunroofs, fake convertibles etc.
I know in MI we had Cars and Concepts that had their own T-top conversions that they installed and it would not surprise me if they did power sunroofs also. There was also a place in Royal Oak called Auto Conversions that did a lot of this kind of work back then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor