SSII rims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDB-442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2012
Washington State
I sold my 86 442 and the guy didn't want the original SSII rims and tires.

Any idea what they might be worth these days??
FFXZ7766.jpg
DAFD5400.jpg

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Tires aren't worth jack, but I think you could get 5-600 bucks for the wheels if they're in really good shape.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Tires aren't worth jack

Those are original Eagle GT's. If they aren't curb rashed or weather checked, a trailered showcar guy would pay $100/tire for those.

At a judged show, not having the correct tires is points off, in stock concourse class. We won lots of national car shows with our '68 AMX because we had the original goodyear redlines and all of the other cars had non correct firestone reproductions.The judges told us the tires were the tiebreaker. Eagle GT's are reproduced but they are $325/tire. That exact tire was put on everything from AMC Eagle SX4's to Z28's including EVERY intercooled turbo Buick except the GNX so some show car guy somewhere is bound to want them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those are actually worth a few dollars start high and see where it goes. Minimal rust? P215/65R15's tires?

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Agreed, the set is worth quite a bit to the right buyer so long as no excessive curb rash or rust.....I'd pay $1000 Canadian if I was in the market and they all look as good.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Looks like a nice set to me. BTW, they are SSIII's (not SSII's) I sell clapped out rims like that from parts cars at the Lansing Homecoming event for $100 each. As mentioned above don't give them away. If in decent shape i would start at $800 for the set. It's beyond me why would anyone buy a 442 and not want those rims. Hopefully that car doesn't end up a Twix or Ronald Mcdonald donk. :eek:

DDB-442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2012
Washington State
Thanks for the replies guys!
I saw the car up for sale again a couple weeks ago! The guy was trying to make a couple bucks in a quick flip I guess or just didn't want it any more? Then this weekend I saw it was still for sale at a lower price than he paid me so not sure if he just had to let it go in a hurry or something, so I sent him a message to see about it but he said it was sold already?

I love the cars so I will probably hold on to these rims just in case I buy another one. But If someone asked me if they're for sale than I could have an idea what they might be worth.

DDB-442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2012
Washington State
Agreed, the set is worth quite a bit to the right buyer so long as no excessive curb rash or rust.....I'd pay $1000 Canadian if I was in the market and they all look as good.

Well if you ever get down this way (Seattle) let me know and come have a look at them.
I'm originally from Victoria myself. I maybe able to bring them up some time I go visit the family?

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Well if you ever get down this way (Seattle) let me know and come have a look at them.
I'm originally from Victoria myself. I maybe able to bring them up some time I go visit the family?

Small world, I grew up down the road in Sidney many many moons ago...tromped around Vic quite a bit
Now that might be something for me to seriously think about.....I'm trying to save to get the little 305 replaced but I don't see 15" wheels come onto the market around here at all, let alone with decent retro rubber on them..
Now, I won't be travelling down as your country doesn't like me for reasons I won't digress about here, but for sure if you're coming up and you're ready to let them go, you know where to find me. Just shoot me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor