Stang killer = ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
ok so im drivin down this 4 lane hwy. near where i live and i see a black debadged mustang switching lanes real fast and everything, ever since i got my car running ive always wanted to race one. so i fl by him and at the stop light he starts revving..it sounded like it had some sh*t done to it, so we start rolling as the other stoplights turn to yellow and we both start rolling, light turns green, and we both take off. i figured he'd probly beat me ( fuel injection-carbd, twin cam-single cam and whatever else he had on it, it was an older guy) buuut..idk how, he kept up with me for around 2 seconds,then i look in the rear view and hes about 2 cars behind and couldnt catch up. definitly top 5 best moments of my life lol

G body power 8)
later

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
yeah i usually cant either,i was headin back home when i saw the guy

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
averagewhiteboy said:
350 + 3.73's. That's how. If it was a 5.0, it's 225 hp. The 4.6 are 260. So with a 350, you've probably got more, plus a great holeshot with the gearing.
Yeah, but most 5.0 Mustang guys have a lot of money into them. I've come across some very quick Stangs before! You can get quite a bit of power out of a Ford 302 :wink:

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
it was like an '00-'03 style so that 4.6 twin cam....when he was revving it it sounded liek he had stuff done to the motor, and how he was cocky about it made me think he had done things to it, aaand he was an older guy around 40 or so

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
not a big fan of the rustang. Sweet kill though i am hopin once my car gets a new transmission and rear end i can have some kills like this one!

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
83cut350chev said:
it was like an '00-'03 style so that 4.6 twin cam....when he was revving it it sounded liek he had stuff done to the motor, and how he was cocky about it made me think he had done things to it, aaand he was an older guy around 40 or so
Well in my opinion Mustang guys are their own breed... they are one step above an import. Saddly Mustangs and F-Body cars are the few that are respected by the import community. I've never had an import driver or a mustang guy give me the time of day until after the light changes :D

1980Gbody

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2007
Warren MI
( Well in my opinion Mustang guys are their own breed... they are one step above an import. Saddly Mustangs and F-Body cars are the few that are respected by the import community. I've never had an import driver or a mustang guy give me the time of day until after the light changes)

i dont agree with that. half my freinds well most now are all into the import seen supras, civics, dsm, and so on my car gets more respect then a mustang ever could thats all the supra owners and tuner guy talk about is how much they hate mustangs and everytime they see one they go race the the person. My 1980 monte carlo gets more respect from them then a mustang ever could. im not saying anything bad about mustangs but there just everywere and most the people who drive them think their hot sh*t cause they have a mustang. altho i kno of some that are badass and get respected by alot of people like this guy who lives on my freinds street has a 8 secong mustang now thats pretty bad *ss

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
You can't stereotype based on the car. I've seen some really fast Mustangs... and some really slow ones too. One doesn't fall into any sort of crowd just because they own a certain thing. A few years ago when I still had my crotch-rocket Kawasaki 600 Ninja that had never been beaten off the line by anything, I pulled up next to a SVO Mustang, and he was willing to race. The light turned green and boom in the wink of an eye he was gone- I mean blew me away. I could tell by the smell of the exhaust the car was running nitrous, and the guy really knew how to drag race.

Just goes to show- you'll win some and you'll lose some, no matter what it is you have under you. With my V6's I've just become used to losing all the time LOL :lol:

-Mark-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor