Start Button Switch Help...Voltage Drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
Previous posts by the OP on FB showed a video with the wires smoking and getting hot. Not good. Anyone in his area thats willing to help him straighten out his wiring ? Hes got a mess.
Yea that smoking problem isn't an issue anymore.

Tynan918

Royal Smart Person
Aug 2, 2021
From your pics it looks like from the 12v switch you are stepping down in 'wire' size to the push button switch. You go from yellow crimp on connectors to blue. A yellow gauge wire shouldn't fit in a blue connecter, looks like you have stands not crimped in the blue ones. What happens if you manually connect the 12v switch to the starter wire, basically bypass the push button? Look at your voltage drop. If good I suspect the push button or wiring to it. If there is a voltage drop it's down the line, started, battery etc. eliminate/isolate is the easiest way to minimize things.
I went and bought 20 ft of 12g firm ignition wire and replaced the flimsy wiring I had with it...starts up now...

Figured the issue was that flimsy speaker wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor