Started my door project today..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I have had this project planned for a couple of years now.
I watched a video on YouTube on how to remove the upper and lower door panels,as well as a video and a article on how to remove the motors,and this was relatively easy.
But no wheres did it say that it was a bugger to get the old motors out,LOL.
I bought new Cardone motors,part # 82-144,and they look identical except they do not have the necessary brackets,so I drilled out the holes that hold the OE ones to the motor and tomorrow I will get a rivet gun and rivet them onto the new motor.
I also have a LMC HD power window harness to install and I have watched that video a couple of times.
I started with the passenger door as this had the slowest window speed,and hopefully it will be all back together tomorrow.
I also got some white lithium grease to lube the regulator with,and while the panels are off I will spray the inside of the door with Fluid Film for protection.
I cant wait to see how much difference this makes in the window speed.
Guy

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I got the new motor in place and bolted up and it worked better than the old one.
I had to put the bracket off of the old motor on the new one and I thought that rivets would work,but the holes in the bracket was too big,so I used some short SS bolts and lock nuts with a drop of blue Loctite for good measure.
The window regulator got sprayed with white lithium grease and I made sure that all the bolts on the door were tight.
Then I went ahed and wired up the LMC HD power window harness.
Getting a coat hanger through the door bellows took a bit of time,but I got it through after a bit of fishing.
I followed the directions to the letter and imagine my dissapointment when I powered it up and no power window up or down..
There is power at the red wires going to both relays,but there dosent seem to be any power coming out of them.
I phoned LMC and the lady I talked to thinks it might be a bad relay,but she has to put in a request for service and I wont hear back until tomorrow.
This is a real bummer as I am putting the Monte away for the winter on Sunday and heading West to work for the winter on Monday.
Hopefully I will get it resolved tomorrow,or I'll connect the stock wires again.
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Well the lady at LMC did not phone back today.
But I did get the passenger side window working,although it only works with the driver side switch and not with the pass side.
I looked everything over and even tried a brand new switch,but still nothing.
I put the door panels and all the other peices back in place and called it a day and went for a drive,LOL
I couldnt believe how much faster the window goes up and down now,even with the engine shut off.
I know that part was the new window motor,but the LMC harness made a big difference too.
Oh well,its gonna have to stay like this until next year.
Winter storage is only three days away...
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor