starter/flexplate help

Status
Not open for further replies.

purple78monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 22, 2022
so i just finished up dropping a 355 in my 78 monte carlo and i went to put the starter on and realized this block has the staggered bolt pattern only and before i put the engine in i put my 153 tooth flywheel off my original 305 on this motor thinking it wouldn't be an issue ive tried multiple different starter and different bolts and shims and nothing worked so i ordered a mini starter from jegs but only one of the bolt holes lines up with the mounting block on the starter i'm trying all i can here to avoid having to pull the trans off to change the flex plate could i drill and tap the block for the hole i need or would be a rather sketchy way of handling the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor