Starter post nut (small)

Status
Not open for further replies.

78_Monte970

Apprentice
Jun 2, 2019
Colorado
Was working on the car today and had to unbolt the starter. Stupid me forgot to clean up the worlds smallest nut. Was wondering if anyone knew the size of the small nut on the small post on the starter solenoid. 8mm but I wanna know the thread and stuff so I can get a new one. Just thought I’d ask here before I try and pull it off again bc it’s a pain with the headers. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Was working on the car today and had to unbolt the starter. Stupid me forgot to clean up the worlds smallest nut. Was wondering if anyone knew the size of the small nut on the small post on the starter solenoid. 8mm but I wanna know the thread and stuff so I can get a new one. Just thought I’d ask here before I try and pull it off again bc it’s a pain with the headers. Thanks

some of us run a ford style solinoid with headers so we don't have to play with that wire, with the remote solinoid the battery cable is only cable going to the solenoid and is only hot when starting the car....

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
some of us run a ford style solinoid with headers so we don't have to play with that wire, with the remote solinoid the battery cable is only cable going to the solenoid and is only hot when starting the car....
Still have to jump the terminals....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor