Starting all over again

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Haven't been here in a while, not that anyone noticed anyway......
Long story short, the crisis in the German automotive industry (which is more or less caused by VW and our politicians) caught our major customer and so most of 2020's business got cancelled. This led to a 50% reduction in work force and lay-offs, so welcome to unemployment for me. Corona will give the company another major hit. That was strike #2.
Strike #1 was my wife, who decided to part ways X-mas days.
So for now, I'm looking for a job and a new place to live. I might move back to my hometown, which is 200mls south, depending on job offers.
May I ask you guys to keep your fingers crossed for me, please?
The G-body is on the backburner for now, but will be kept in storage until I know where to go. At least I still have my shop.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
ACK!!! That sucks major balls.

Fingers crossed, man! Keep it real and in front of you. It's a major bummer, but things will pass, even this stupid virus thing. Be thankful for what you had and what you have. You haven't lost everything.

Good luck to you on getting a new job or even a new place to live as needed. Do what you have to do for you. Keep moving forward. Soon all this will be in the rear view mirror.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Things are darkest before the dawn, or so they say.

Try to look to do the things you haven't been able to, perhaps some needing to wait until covid passes.

In my case? I always wanted to travel the whole continent for 6 months or so. Equivalent of you doing the same through the EU.

Maybe there's things like that which have a low personal maintenance cost but you always wanted to do. Could be a chance to do so.

Otherwise just try to remember the thing you DO have, and try to be thankful for those. Some of us are missing them - I for one would love to be relatively injury free again and not have gotten stuck with a cane/lost most hobbies years ago before I was even 40. Others here can be even worse off than i, facing cancer battles and the like.

Some of what you have is worse than others as well. Just try to look for things the changes LET you do you otherwise couldn't have. Silver lining and all...

Reactions: 3 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I don't let myself down. It's for a reason I have a big Phoenix tattooed on my left arm! I've been in much worse situations before in my life, including life-threatening disease for a couple of years. Right now, I see this situation as a chance for a complete reset of life.
I'd love to travel all over Europe and the world and will do that eventually when time comes, but for now neither funds nor closed borders due to the virus allows that. Postponed is not cancelled though!

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That all sucks BIG TIME !! When it rains it pours. Atleast you seem to be in good health and spirit. When I was at my lowest place in my life someone told me the phrase “ God opens a window when a door gets closed “ . Looking back on my life I can see where that’s been true. Good luck

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It ain't over until you take your last breath. Waking up on the green side of the grass is always a small win!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Keep your head up man When you think you have hit bottom, there is no where to go but up and skies the limit. Keep moving forward Good luck to you

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor