Are you sure....?

1663786646186.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Shoot I wish they still made nice station wagons like they used to. The closest thing to a decent wagon was the magnum (please don't hang me, I own a mullet on wheels I have an interesting taste in cars.)
We went through what you're going through 5 years ago.

I wanted to get a Yukon or Escalade with the 6.2 but the height made it difficult for momma to put the baby seat in and out of. Mini-Vans were non-starter for us. We went and drove many cars (cute utes really), and she liked the Ford Flex best out of all of them, and I wasn't sold on it until we found an Eco-Boost (nothing eco about it) and I was surprised by how fast it was. 3 rows of seating and it was easy to put the baby in and out of and now that he's older it's much easier for him to get in and of of on his own vs a Truck (I still have to help him in and out of my 4x4 Silverado). The Flex also has plenty of room in the front and middle rows for big and tall guys (I'm 6'1" and find the car very comfortable). We bought the "Titanium" and it actually has a Fridge inside, which was great for storing bottles, pouches etc. in (everywhere we go seems to be an hour drive so it was actually really well used). I had to replace the Water Pump around 120K but other than that nothing outside of normal maintenance, so I'd say reliability is pretty good, although that water pump Job took about 10x longer than doing it on an LS.

2011-ford-flex-titanium-front-three-quarter.jpg

When the Flex dies I'd like to replace it with a Buick Regal Tour-X (really a Euro Wagon with Buick Badge).
2020-Opel-Insignia-GSi-11.jpg

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Thank you! I didn’t even think about the flex, we will have to go look at those this weekend. That Buick does look pretty slick. I just got done talking to my coworker about his highlander and they seem to have a decent amount of room as well. Oh the joys of parenthood!

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
We kinda was prepaired for our surprise when the Jr. Mechanic showed up I had my '96 K1500 extended cab & she had her '07 Sante Fe. Both worked out perfect. We are now on the 4th extended cab truck & 2nd Sante Fe (it is a Sport not the 3 row regular Sante Fe) with them both still working out for us.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Shoot I wish they still made nice station wagons like they used to. The closest thing to a decent wagon was the magnum (please don't hang me, I own a mullet on wheels I have an interesting taste in cars.)
Gotta look to the Germans for cool wagons Audi RS6 Avant. Or an RS2 / S2. I don't think the RS3 Avant was offered in North America. The MK4 Jetta wagon with a VR6 and a stick is a blast. I believe up until 2019 you could get a golf sportwagen with awd 6speed stick and 2.0t EA888. An APR tune and bolt-ons made them a great 30mpg sleeper.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Magnums were cool, fair amount of storage in back, but visibility thru the windows was crap due to the highline styling

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Highlander would be good too for room, just more car/comfy than the rugged Tacoma/4Runner. Built in Indiana, with me having a small hand in it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor