Starting the search for a new family car

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I am giving my work car (pontiac vibe) to my daughter when she turns 17. In our search for a new work vehicle my wife and i order a ford maverick hybrid. Roomy, bed for hauling things and 40mpg. Downside is waiting to get it 4-6 months later

SSMonteMan

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2015
Told my dad if I ever settle down and have a kid I would get a 78-82 Malibu wagon and use that for the family car.

Of course it would have a big block and a manual transmission... maybe a frame notch and tubs in the rear... can't go around and half *ss the family car just because it's a family car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
The newer Chevy Blazer and the Equinox till 2016 have a neat feature , the back seats slide back and forth like the front seats . In my wifes you slide the back seat back and it doesn’t matter how you adjust the front . Plenty of room . In 2017 Chevy down sized the Equinox. The current Blazer is really the rebodied Equinox from 2016 . Plus they come with the regulars gas 310 HP V-6
had a 2010 Equinox, great design features inside, rear seat tilts back, etc.
powertrain?....may the engineers roast in hell.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
had a 2010 Equinox, great design features inside, rear seat tilts back, etc.
powertrain?....may the engineers roast in hell.
My wife’s is a 2016 , not one single problem at all . Her sisters family now have 2 because they’re boys are over 6ft 4

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
I’ve tried that conversation with my wife lol didn’t get very far. I had a chance to get an 87 suburban with a diesel for only $2k but it had some major rust in the rear roof corner that i didn’t feel like dealing with.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
My wife’s is a 2016 , not one single problem at all . Her sisters family now have 2 because they’re boys are over 6ft 4
I am also nervous about anything Chevy that isn’t a truck. Seems like a roll of the dice on major drivetrain issues over the years. Looks like the consensus is the flex might be the best option so far

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
was limo driving last night to an event, ended up talking with another driver that drives as part of a fleet (fullsize GM suv's). he says they disable AFM on every single one of them as they buy them.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor