Starts without keys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrodeur79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2019
Edmonton, AB
As the title says, I can hop into my 1979 Cutlass Supreme, with no keys in the ignition, i can turn the ignition and start the car right up. Now i know these cars are notoriously easy to steal, but i am hoping that if i replace the ignition cylinder that this issue will be resolved? The cylinders are cheap as dirt on Rock Auto and i have a good list of parts i need to order anyways.

Anyone else have a similar experience and this was the solution? Thanks!

abrodeur79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2019
Edmonton, AB
Its definitely going to get done. I was quite surprised when it started to turn over with no key in it! But for the cost and peace of mind of a new cylinder, it will be replaced. Just was curious if being able to start the car without the key was a sign of the ignition cylinder failing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor