Steel line connection to mechanical pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
Hey guys...wanted to know what people are doing for connecting the original steel fuel line to a new aftermarket mechanical pump. I currently just have a rubber hose going a loop into the mechanical pump barb. It works but I assume you guys have something more official or better. Thanks in advance.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hey guys...wanted to know what people are doing for connecting the original steel fuel line to a new aftermarket mechanical pump. I currently just have a rubber hose going a loop into the mechanical pump barb. It works but I assume you guys have something more official or better. Thanks in advance.

the engine moves slightly under acceleration and there are vibrations making a rubber gas line connection better....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
To eliminate the 100 degree bend in rubber hose which normally will kink I've made these out of 3/8 tube and a 3 step bend tool. Using the double flare attachment bulge both ends of a 5 1/2 inch piece of 3/8 tube. (Keeps the rubber hose from sliding off) Place in the 3 step bender and bend to around 100 degrees. Attach with short lengths of rubber line on each end.
This will allow for engine movement as pontiacgp mentioned but assures no restriction due to a kink in the rubber line.
P1012243.JPG P1012244.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor