Steering column floor mount help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
I hope it’s ok to put this post here. I looked for sometime through the various tech sections and didn’t find anything specific to my question. Please move or delete if it’s a problem.

my question is does anyone know where we can get steering column floor mounts? I have a new 2” steering column but have not been able to find the floor mount that accepts it and bolts into the existing holes. I seen in another article where people had cut the old one off the column but it looked like a lot of work to reuse and old part.

thanks for your help. Getting closer on getting this thing done after 2 1/2 years of working on it. Seems at this point it’s all the little things that are hardest to find and slowing us down.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
What is the source of the column you are converting to use in your G body?
It’s from top speed engineering. It’s a pretty straight forward plug in replacement that moves the shifter to the floor too. I called idit (I thought that’s what it was until I just had the shop look and tell me) and the guy was the biggest prick ever. He gave me a part number but when I looked it up it was for a Camaro. Not sure if it will work or not. Not having much luck with top speed as they only way to talk to them is through eBay messenger. Lesson learned for me here.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are plenty of 2" universal floor mounts that you could probably make work.

Reactions: 1 user

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
There are plenty of 2" universal floor mounts that you could probably make work.
Thanks. I got one of the Borgesons but the opening is way bigger that that. Ididit says use the mount for a 71-80? Camaro but they are sold out of them. I got one from flaming river I am taking to the shop tomorrow too. I also got out my cutoff saw and cut the one off my factory steeering column as a last resort. It looks ok but not really what I wanted to do.
When I get over there I will measure it out and see if the other ididit mount will work.
Thanks for your help,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor