Steering column wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwt39

n00b
Apr 7, 2020
Does anyone know what the extra three wires are for that go to the turn signal switch. I've got what I believe to be an 1980 Olds column but see the same wires although different colours in what I believe to be a Cadillac column. I know all about the normal wires that go on Pins E thru P(Tan Lt Grn...Grn Wht) and what they do. But there is a separate secondary SPDT switch on Pin A to Pins B & C that is connected to one side turning right and the other turning left and the wire colours vary between columns. I have never been able to find these in any wiring diagrams and am very puzzled about what they were used for.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome

I'm wondering if they could be for the corning light option?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

jwt39

n00b
Apr 7, 2020
Yes I went out to the garage after posting and started going through the information I have on how to tear the column apart and one of the things it mentioned was the difference between turn signals. You're right the extra switch is for corner lights.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor