Steering Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
So yesterday the first day I had my car out and went to work come out and someone tried to steal my 1980 442 smashed the door lock smashed the steering column cant drive it . Does anyone if they make an after market steering column or does anyone know where I can get one thanks Jeff from Winnipeg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
There are some aftermarkets out there. I looked at them some time ago and really was not impressed. Boneyards would be my first suggestion then see if you can get parts to fix it. I will tell you that is is a bit of a chore to to, When they were stealing these cars a lot years ago I fixed many of them. You will need some special tools.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Sorry to hear this Jeff. Hopefully insurance takes care of you right.

I don't have anything right now, the only floor shift column I know of.....which happens to be in an 80 Cutlass... is smashed as well.

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thank you for the response hopefully MPI will be good to work with the car only has 42997 KM's om it thanks and have a good day

Hopefully MPI isn't anything like our SGI (Saskatchewan Government Insurance) here they'd try write it off.

Case in point...a few years ago my daughter bought a 2001 Cavalier Z24 with 54,000 km on it, drove it about 6 months until a guy backed into it, damaged the hood and broke the headlight. They wrote it off!....I argued up and down but they wouldn't budge. I bought it back found a same color hood and put a headlight in it and she drove it for another 5 years before selling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

High Roller

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2009
Cowtown USA, MN
Try Alexander's Auto Ranch, 204-687-6350 (with tilt/cruise)
or
Marshall Auto Wreckers, 403-328-3316 (no tilt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor