Steering pump and under carriage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
There are a bunch of open holes on body crossmembers. I kept mine open to put the blast nozzle in as much as I could. This is my off frame. I sand blasted the whole bottom of the body. This is a Detroit MI car and as you can see there is no rust! I'm the original owner. I then painted it white. I used undercoating where the frame rails tuck into the body.

Attachments

• 1656298077437.jpeg
    1656298077437.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 102
  • BodyPrep5.jpg
    BodyPrep5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Underbody13.JPG
    Underbody13.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 95

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
There are a bunch of open holes on body crossmembers. I kept mine open to put the blast nozzle in as much as I could. This is my off frame. I sand blasted the whole bottom of the body. This is a Detroit MI car and as you can see there is no rust! I'm the original owner. I then painted it white. I used undercoating where the frame rails tuck into the body.
That looks great. What did you use for paint?

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
I don’t have a sandblaster at the moment. Thinking of having is blasted and coating the bottom woth por 15

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The gurgling sound is normal if the lines are not hooked up, and yes, fluid will come out when the knuckle is moved if one of the lines not installed. BTW, the power steering PUMP is on the motor (accessory on the motor), the steering gear mounts on the frame (only mentioning to not help eliminate my confusion.)

That gear looks like original equipment to me. It's probably fine for re-use, but it's not a bad idea to swap it. Kinda depends on if you'll be pissed off if and when you have to change it later.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
That looks great. What did you use for paint?
Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel 817A (White) it looks blueish because there is a blue tarp over the car all the way to the ground. the attached pic is better.

Attachments

• QA1 Upper Control Arms (Jan2022) (1).jpg
    QA1 Upper Control Arms (Jan2022) (1).jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
Dupont Centari Acrylic Enamel 817A (White) it looks blueish because there is a blue tarp over the car all the way to the ground. the attached pic is better.
You sprayed it? this is in front of my house. And im not painter ... unfortunately. I just ordered some por 15 and the top coat. Im going to coat with both. Hope it looks ok. OR atleast half ok.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
You sprayed it? this is in front of my house. And im not painter ... unfortunately. I just ordered some por 15 and the top coat. Im going to coat with both. Hope it looks ok. OR atleast half ok.
not a painter by any means but used a cheap Harbor F spray gun. Also did it in my driveway.

Attachments

• BodyPrep4.jpg
    BodyPrep4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: 1 user

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
not a painter by any means but used a cheap Harbor F spray gun. Also did it in my driveway.
I may need to learn to paint! Last time I saw someone paint it threw me off, they had to add thinner or make a mix of paint and something else. So I figured it’s too technical.

johnnunez29

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2022
apparently that paint was dicontinued. Was it difficult to mix/spray? Done a ton of DIY but only rattle canned a car before. but that was when i was a broke teen . A lot has changed since then.... Now im a broke adult. witha very pricey project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor